Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What's Your Passion?

Now that Good Friday and Easter Sunday have passed, I thought I would comment about my North American Christian perspective of what was celebrated concerning Christ's death and coming to life again. As I watched again (the second time) Mel Gibson's perspective of what happened in The Passion, I was amazed at my conclusion this time around. What I realized shocked me- Jesus' passion was humanity!
I have been focusing this past year on what drives me, what makes me tick and go from day to day. What are the things in my life that keep me getting back on my feet and running this race that we call life. I have come to some conclusions, but none of them as profound as Jesus' passion towards human kind. I have been wondering if the things that drove me suddenly turned on me and eventually beat me to the point of death, would I still be passionate about those things? This may be old news for you that Jesus was actually passionate about humans, but for me it has a new sense of "wow-ness" to it.

What are some of your thoughts?

Comments on "What's Your Passion?"

 

Blogger Lenndogg said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Brando....

Well spoken, and it should be illegal to make some one think this hard and indepth, this early in the morning. I for one would most likely turn my back on my passion if it was going to kill me. It's sad and hard to say it but I have never looked at it in that way before. My mind will be turning on this subject through the day, I'm sure!
By the way I am a total loser for not adding you to my blogspot links and will do that today. Your a stud Brando!!!


Lenndogg

 

Blogger ThoughtsfromJoseph said ... (10:04 AM) : 

You are not a loser, you are the Lenndogg. And I know you are a better ballplayer than Feff and Bacon put together! Thanks for the add!

 

Blogger JM Fuller said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Feff ... is pro. basketball at its finest ... as for Bacon ... he was good in CANADA ...

Good read Brando. Amazing how Christ became like you and I ... Why? I may never truly know ...

 

post a comment